2015 HRCS Currently In Progress: Enroll NowHRCS 2015 Ad
HRCS 2015 Brochure
HRCS 2015 Flyer - Organization Overview
The University of Michigan and the RBL Group have worked for nearly 30 years to study competencies for HR professionals, with a major research wave approximately each 4 to 5 years. For HRCS 2015 the data collection will be taking place from 17 March through 10 July 2015, and we invite both individuals and participants to participate:
- Individuals desiring to participate may register via this link: https://www.focal360.com/HRCSenroll/?r=RBL
- Organizations desiring to participate should email email@example.com to express their interest.
Here are the benefits for those who participate:
- Individual Feedback Reports: Individual participants who receive completed reviews from five or more raters, including a direct supervisor, will receive an individual report with job level, regional, and global benchmarks, and focused feedback on which competencies have the greatest effect on individual effectiveness and business performance.
- Company Feedback Reports: Companies with five or more HR participants who complete the full rating process will receive a company report with industry, global and regional performance benchmarks, and insights on how to better implement business strategies.
- Company Strategy Reports: Companies who complete the set of expert surveys newly included this round will receive insights on how to better implement business strategies, as well as focused feedback on which HR competencies and organizational practices have the greatest impact on business performance.
- Feedback Sessions: For a nominal fee, participants are invited to a feedback session, hosted by one of our regional partners, in the fourth quarter of 2015 to review the study results, examine current trends, and discuss future HR agendas.
- No costs for participants: Because this study is funded by the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan and The RBL Group, with assistance from our Regional Partners, there are little or no costs for participating. Companies with over fifty HR individuals participating will incur nominal fees for each additional HR participant, if company expert surveys are completed; otherwise, companies may enroll up to ten HR participants without cost, and then be charged a nominal fee for each participant past ten.
If you are willing to participate:
- The data collection phase of the HRCS will run until 10 July 2015. Participating individuals and companies will be given complementary reports at the conclusion of the study in September 2015.
- The HRCS uses an online tool to gather information. This online tool incorporates 360 methodology: HR participants elect "raters" who can provide feedback on their understanding of HR competencies; both participants and raters take an online assessment.
- If your company are interested in participating in the HRCS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals may self-enroll at https://www.focal360.com/HRCSenroll/?r=RBL
- Once we begin data collection, you will be sent a link that you can distribute to participants, allowing them to sign up for the study. Personal contact information will remain confidential and will never be used for marketing.
- Reports will be delivered in Fall of 2015 to participants with at least 5 complete ratings and to companies with at least 5 individuals who received individual reports.
- A feedback conference will be conducted by your regional partner during the fourth quarter of 2015, where the results of the study will be presented. (A small fee may be charged by your regional partner to cover logistics).
The HRCS Project Team would be happy to answer your questions. You can always reach them at email@example.com (please include your company in the subject line). Answers to FAQs may also be found on the FAQs tab.
Here are some cool facts about the study:
We appreciate your taking the time to add to the body of knowledge in the area of HR competencies and look forward to working with you.
- Study began in 1987 and has been updated every four to five years since
- Largest global study on HR with over 55,000 ratings in nearly 30 years
- Study has helped define and shape the role of HR as a strategic contributor in business operations
- Dozens of articles, multiple books and dissertations, and hundreds of speeches have resulted from the study
- Attempts to answer the questions: “What impact does HR have on financial performance? What is HR’s impact on intangible measures of business performance? What knowledge and abilities are necessary for successful HR professionals and HR departments? How are requirements and expectations evolving over time, across industries, by region?”
- Participating individuals and companies will receive free individual reports and company reports
- Regional feedback session for a nominal fee starting in the fourth quarter of 2015 hosted by one of our regional partners
- Study will shape the next five years of the HR profession
- Study will be fully global including Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North America, Oceania, etc.
- In partnership with professional HR associations around the world
- Prior studies have produced the well-known books HR Champions, HR Value Proposition, HR Competencies, HR from the Outside In, and Global HR Competencies