Successful leadership is a function of driving:
• Right people in the right jobs
• Skilled & motivated
• With clear expectations
• Working as a team
• In a ‘no-excuses’ culture.
Areas of Expertise
Dixon Thayer is a Consulting Partner with The RBL Group. His areas of expertise are business turnarounds and regenerative growth, change management, leadership and value creation. He has led the acquisition and integration of numerous businesses, supported a successful IPO on NASDAQ, and led two significant divestitures.
Dixon has written a number of articles and lectured on topics including “Teaching Elephants to Dance,” “Paradox Navigation,” and “Creating Value & Distinctiveness in Commodity Based Industries.” He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Michigan, the American School of International Management, the London School of Business, the Duke Fuqua School of Business and The 3M Annual Senior Officer Conference.
Dixon has over thirty years experience in direct leadership of line management. He has held significant senior leadership positions in large organizations in the US, Europe and Latin America during critical times of change, including:
• CEO of I-Trax, Health Management Solutions; the leader in “on-site” health & wellness facilities for large self-insured employers
• CEO of Greenleaf Auto Recyclers; an industry leader. Dixon led a leveraged Buyout to acquire this orphaned division from Ford Motor Company in 2003. Led the turnaround and profitable resale to Schnitzer Steel
• CEO of Global New Business Operations for Ford Motor Company where he led a $3.0B portfolio of newly acquired businesses in need of profitable integration & leverage
• Vice President of Research, Development, Engineering & Global Growth for Kimberly Clark Corp.
• COO of Scott Paper’s European AFH division where he engineered a significant turnaround to profitability by restructuring into two separate entities
• Founder & CEO of Systemas Institucionales Crisoba, of Mexico; the largest and most successful “institutional products” business in Mexico, based on a strategic distribution alliance between 3M, S.C. Johnson, Rubbermaid, and Scott.
Dixon currently advises the senior executives of one of the largest financial institutions in the world, and serves on the I-Trax Board of Directors (AMEX). He also serves on the Board of Speakman CRS, a market leading plumbing & appliances business and advises two Private equity firms regarding potential acquisition opportunities.
Dixon received his B.S. in economics from the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.